Instructor: School Counselor Mrs. N. Sanders
Welcome to the Guidance Web Page
I am extremely grateful to assume the role as School Counselor*. As the most influential years in a child's life are those in elementary school, I take my position very seriously and with great responsibility. My role nurtures a strong relationship between students, parents and teachers. Life-long learning, inter-personal skills and self-awareness all encompass a child's solid foundation. Parents, teachers and school counselors work collaboratively to achieve these goals. To reach success, a child must grow academically, socially and emotionally. Some of the services that are provided through the guidance department are, but not limited to:
- Emotional. social, developmental and behavioral guidance to students and families
- Academic guidance and support services, including the monitoring of academic performance, facilitating communication between school and home.
- School Crisis and Intervention Referral Services
- Coordinator of Standardized Testing
- Individual and Small Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons and school wide activities to promote Character Education
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Referral Assistance
Counselors respect the privacy of information, always considering actions in terms of rights , integrity, and the welfare of students. Counselors are obligated by ethical standards to report or to refer a case when a person's welfare is in jeopardy. It is a counselor's duty to inform an individual under these conditions: harm to self, harm to others, or harm by others.
No "Guidance Announcements" exist(s)
No "Files" exist(s)